Tuesday 31 August 2021

15mm Sci Fi - Old Crow Vehicle Pool....what to do?

I have a problem: too many vehicles from Old Crow.  

The vehicles below are divided into two distinct vehicle pools: hover and tracked/wheeled.  My issue is: what should I paint them?  The tracked vehicles in particular are a problem, mainly because there are so many.  I could split them into two separate pools and paint them in different camo schemes.  Or, I could do one massive force pool for a future GZG NAC army that I am contemplating.  The NAC are likely to be re-sculpted in the near future and this force was dedicated to that project.  However, perhaps 21 vehicle is too many?


The hover force is designed as an assault unit.  Equipped with high tech and heavily armored vehicles it carries enough firepower to deal with most foes.  It also has a small logistical train to attack/defend.


The three Trojan Light APCs will most likely become unarmed transports.  I will simply replace the GZG weaponry with hatches.  It is always good to have supply vehicles to attack/defend.  Stowage is not permanently attached yet.  I used white tac to see what looks good and what I like.  It is subject to change.



Decisions, decisions.  


4 comments:

  1. In my 6mm sci fi I picked a couple colours (originally my minis were for OGRE/GEV) and did everything in them. Then, later, I re-used the colours for imaginations/banana republics. Are your forces both the same side or two different sides? Is it possible the hover vehicles are naval based (strike from sea) or space based (grav only)? If naval and land you could look at the colours used by China. A green camo for land forces and a blue camo for Marine troops. Just thinking out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen. I actually have all the AK Interactive PLA paints. Some of the Chinese camo schemes are interesting for sure. The tracked vehicles are supposed to be for my GZG NAC Force. I have been waiting to acquire them since they are being resculpted. The hover force was supposed to be for my Khurasan Control Battalion (I am painting those figures this weekend actually). They are being done in an urban camo scheme, so I will likely do something along that line.

      Delete
    2. What, to you, constitutes an "urban" camo? I ask as the old British Berlin Brigade is what comes to mind for me, but I believe the Spetsnaz blue splinter scheme is meant to be urban.

      Delete
    3. My Outrim Coalition Force is in an urban camo. Blue, black and off white. Not sure yet.

      Check out Assault Publishing. They just released PMC 2670. It’s free on Wargames Vault. Very well thought out game and will likely become one of my favourites.

      Delete

Visitor Total