Monday 2 August 2021

15mm Sci Fi - Brigade Models Military Bunkers (Outpost on Altair 4)

Every Outrim Colony needs a military outpost.  Fortunately, Brigade Models fit the bill nicely in that regard.  The bunker (of which I have three...yes I am insane) is large, with a removable roof.  It makes a great central command post, with the smaller bunker as perhaps an ammunition depot or something.  The Old Crow buildings are from their 6mm range.  They work well enough as a fusion reactor and liquid storage tanks (fuel perhaps?).

Buildings by Brigade Models and Old Crow

I airbrushed the buildings in my usual Tamiya Medium Grey scheme, color modulated up with Vallejo Model Air greys and whites.  



The main bunker is large and quite smooth.  I would not want to brush paint it.  


The smaller bunker was made out of some porous resin.  I washed it in thinned Minwax Tudor.  It came out slightly darker, but looks similar enough beside the other buildings.


They are nice enough buildings, and work well as either human or alien structures.  They would also make great installations for Alien Squad Leader.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Total