Wednesday 25 August 2021

My 15mm Sci Fi Inventory & Cats!

I thought it might be an interesting exercise to catalog all of my 15mm Sci Fi forces and do a brief breakdown of what I have (mainly for my own sake).  It is larger than I thought (I have never put it to paper before).  To add to the insanity, I tend to create a vehicle pool for each force.  I have sold much over the years, but eventually, I replaced all of that with more of the same (painted better though).

I don’t have any pictures of models today.  Instead, say hello to Ash and William, two of our four cats.  William tried miniature painting....he is not very good at it.

I likely need medical assistance.  

The figure ranges that I have painted in numbers suitable for army level (or Platoon+ level..aka Stargrunt 2) games are:

  1. GZG NSL Panzergrenadiers 
  2. GZG Outrim Coalition
  3. GZG Mercenaries 
  4. GZG Kra'Vak
  5. GZG Crusties
  6. GZG Phalons
  7. GZG Xar
  8. GZG Ixx
  9. GZG UNSC Light Infantry
  10. GZG Free Cal-Tex
  11. GZG Robots & Drones (tons) 
  12. GZG Civilians & Armored SWAT
  13. GZG Tomorrow's War DPRG
  14. GZG Tomorrow's War US Marines 
  15. GZG Tomorrow's War Brazillians 
  16. GZG Tomorrow's War Darghaur 
  17. Critical Mass Presentia Robots
  18. Brigade Models Polish Infantry 
  19. Khurasan Xenomorphs
  20. Khurasan Soriog
  21. Khurasan Red Faction
  22. Khurasan Apoc666 
  23. Alternative Armies Laserburn Imperial Troops & Power Armor
  24. Alternative Armies Asgard Space Marines
  25. Alternative Armies Grey Aliens

This does not include small ranges of monsters and other odds and ends (power armor, battlesuits, ect).  My guess is 2000+.  Maybe more.  

Vehicle Ranges Painted in significant numbers are:

  1. Brigade Models British/German Hover, 9
  2. Brigade Models PacFED Grav, 9
  3. Old Crow Hover, 15
  4. Old Crow Grav, 13
  5. GZG Advanced Grav, 8
  6. GZG High Tech Grav & Mechs 10
  7. GZG Tracked, 21
  8. GZG Kra'Vak, 6
  9. GZG Walker, 6
  10. Khurasan Red Faction (with some other manufacturers thrown in too), 24
  11. Antonitis Workshop, 5
  12. Khurasan Federal Tracked, 4
  13. Khurasan Huntarr Grav, 3
  14. Tau Battlesuits, 11
  15. Old Crow Alien Grav Tanks, 5
  16. Rebel Minis Tripods & Alternative Armies War Crabs, 13
To add to this, on my WIP table I still have 30+ Old Crow hover and tracked vehicles (two separate vehicle pools), plus almost 300 1:100 scale troops: Khurasan's Control Battalion, GZG UNSC Hardsuit Marines and GZG Alien Mercs.  However, I am stuck on the vehicles at the moment.  The number of camo schemes that I am contemplating is large and deciding on two is rather difficult.  Normally I have a rule: never paint the same scheme twice.  Perhaps that is foolish.  

I have used this one in the past on my old Imperial Guard:  GW Shadow Grey and Dead Flesh.  Perhaps I will try it on a smaller scale.




Once this is done I will be at the end of the road I think (at least for awhile).  I am already out of display space and will likely be out of painting mojo as well.  There might be a few odds and ends but nothing on the scale that I have done in the past.  It would be a miracle if I ever played with all of this stuff regularly.  

Oh God......I still have to start my Perry Miniatures Agincourt project.  

  



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like my micro armour collection. Probably around 5K to 10K infantry and similar numbers of vehicles (armour, air, ship to shore, softskins, artillery, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like something you will have to show me one day. Never got into micro armor. However, 6mm is the proper scale for armor battles. Even 1:100 scale Is really too big for that.

      Delete
  2. Well... I knew it was bad. But now it seems you allready might be in the final stages of this dreaded disease we have in common. I think it's ok in the end. At least we'll die happy and our kids only have to bring three boxes to the dump. I know 28mm gamers who would need three trucks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am an addict. At least it’s not booze, drugs or sex. Currently I am salivating over some Brigade models vehicles that I must have. Only two dozen.

      I still have three glass cases of 28mm Fantasy armies.

      My children are doomed.

      Delete

Visitor Total