Friday 13 August 2021

The Gaming Den 2.0

Two posts in one day.  I must be motivated.  

This week I was able to "Level Up" my downstairs Den.  Specifically, I created a dedicated 6'x4' table to replace my two 4'x4's (an eight foot length table was just too big for the space and necessitated me moving furniture around to unpleasant results).  With the addition of some gaming mats from Front Line Games everything will be complete.   

The table is just 3/4" MDF (no chance of warping at this thickness) with 4 sets of folding legs.  I had to cut the MDF to fit downstairs and connected the two pieces with twin piano hinges.  



In addition, I added the last of my 5 wall mounted display cabinets, care of Amazon.  They each contain five shelves.  However, I can add three more to each case by adding some of my own, care of Home Depot.  This will allow to me expand my miniature display ability and get most of my 15mm infantry figures out of their foam case tombs and into the light of day.  

That oak wall mounted unit will be holding my collection of large 28mm fantasy monsters very soon.  Yay!

The room also doubles as the Home Theater.  


These wall mounted cases are great for 15mm vehicles and buildings.  You could display anything with up to a 2.5" base in depth.  

Yes, I have been decorated for heroism on multiple miniature battlefields.

Many of my buildings went from a storage bin to display.  Yay.



This was a big week.  Things have finally come together.  Now I can die I guess.  :-/  




6 comments:

  1. I'm sick with envy.
    Congratulations for your excellent war room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blacksmith. It’s taken years to get to this point. Baby steps brother.

      Delete
  2. And you pretend to be envious of me?? A gaming den. A f****ing gaming den!!! Aaaaaaaaaargh!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, until I have your figures on display alongside my own I cannot be complete.
      I cannot help it if I covet my neighbour’s miniatures. I was born this way.
      :-)

      Delete
    2. Buy muy 28mm stuff then! :D

      Delete
    3. If I did that the Boss here would likely remove my balls and keep them in her purse.

      Your 40k stuff is fantastic. I used to play in 28mm but sold all of it. Far too big to play and store. I hardly ever use purple. I salute you

      Delete

Visitor Total