Sunday 22 August 2021

15mm Sci Fi - Far Eastern Corporate Gun Drones & Air Support

Well, I finally painted the last six models (Gun Drones), for my Alien Squad Leader Far Eastern Corporate force (Musashi Corporation).  Gun Drones are a great addition to 15mm forces.  They are small enough to sub in as large robotic combat drones (or in Alien Squad Leader, Heavy Droids), and are especially suitable as alien robots (because thats what they actually are).

Musashi Corporate Security secures an LZ on Altair IV.

These guys were painted up in the same scheme as the mecha and grav vehicles.  


Synthetic Combat Troops are accompanied by Robotic Combat Drones.

In Alien Squad Leader, Corporate forces do not use "Heavy Droids" (although they do use other types of robotic troops).  In this case I add the drones to regular infantry stands and count them as Heavy Weapons Squads.

Gun Drones, being highly expendable, provide heavy firepower in dangerous situations.

The VTOL is simply a Matchbox toy, repainted.  This counts as a Distant Flyer in Alien Squad Leader.

Robotic VTOL Gunships provide close air support for the LZ.  Dual fusion cannons make short work of hostiles.

The models are of course very easy to assemble and paint.  Nothing much to them really.  I made both high and low elevation flight stands for them.  The smaller are the same with with the stands cut off about mid way.  




Another army finally finished.  On to other projects, very likely my large Old Crow vehicle pool.

One day I will have to do an army shot with all of Musashi Corporate Security present.  Not sure if the Board of Directors will approve that expense though.









16 comments:

  1. That is awesome. I like the concept behind smaller surveillance/attack drones. Either using present day multi-copter technology or futuristic anti gravity tech. Great catch on the matchbox toy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen. GZG has a wide selection of drone types. Well worth checking out.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a couple of those VTOLs in my hand at a truck stop one day, and put them back. If I could have seen them like that one, I'd have never had a second thought about buying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are unique for sure. I have two more. Got em for $3 or something silly
      Like that.

      Delete
  4. What are they called, and for sure Matchbox? I tried googling as space toy matchbox but no joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sky buster. Strato stormer.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Might pick one up as I have some 15mm sci fi.

      Delete
  5. So I have Tomorrow's War, Clash on the Fringe and have Alien Squad Leader on order (supposed to have shipped) and am so looking forward to playing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found Gruntz and Laserburn.

      Delete
    2. Excellent. All three are excellent systems. Shoot me your email again Stephen.

      Delete
    3. Laserburn is still very good. More of a Stargrave type thing. It was originally designed to be a combat engine for early sci fi role playing games.

      Gruntz is also good. I prefer Fireteam Andromeda myself over it. I will shoot you the PDF of the rules.

      Delete
    4. Alien Squad Leader arrived today. Have yet to look it over. I would appreciate even just a quick email, just a hello, so I can remove my email address from the web please. Thank you.

      Stephen

      Delete
    5. It is a very good system. Much more involved than it seems. I have a review of it on my blog somewhere. The link is in the rulebook as well near the front.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful stuff... seems I like Tau, if they're not Tau. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skully. Me too actually. :-)
      When I played 40k a decade ago I learned to despise Tau when I played my Steel Legion against them.

      Delete

Visitor Total