Friday 20 August 2021

15mm Sci Fi - 9th Star Dragons Khurasan Super Heavy Grav Tank & more Tau Battlesuits

 This week was a slow week, but fruitful.  I managed to bang off four additional vehicle models for my 9th Star Dragon Mercenary force.   I used the same medium grey scheme as on the other grav vehicles posted earlier.  This small project was inspired by the Far Eastern Corporate army list for Alien Squad Leader.  It contains both piloted vehicles and robotic mecha, all of which I have in abundance.  

Khurasan Super Heavy Grav Tank

The Khurasan vehicle is enormous.  To be honest, it is more of a small spacecraft than anything else.  Like many Khurasan resin vehicles, it required sanding and cleanup.  There are also mold lines which are unfixable and impossible to hide/deal with due to their location.


I had another three 40K Tau Battlesuits kicking around.  I thought they would work well as a mecha substitute.  For armament I went with a fusion gun and burst cannon.  The burst cannon works as a rapid fire gauss cannon and or a large gatling laser.  It also allows them to be used in 28mm Sci Fi games as heavy power armor if I so wish.


I always add decals to any vehicles.  They provide a visual pop and often force the eye to move around the model.  


The fire effect is just cotton, airbrushed various colors.  Tau battlesuits have unsightly connection points on the shoulders.  I prefer to use the missile pack and shield generators to conceal these as much as possible.  Plus they look cool.  Shield Generators count as Energy Shields in Alien Squad Leader.  In other games they could be force fields, sensors or whatever.  

Jumping Into Action!

With large flat panels, the Khurasan model was a prime candidate for color modulation.


Now I have all the vehicles done for this force.  It only took me 8 months to get around to it.  



4 comments:

  1. Really like the modeling and photo setup

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks really good. Love the terrain and back-ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirk. I appreciate the feedback.

      Delete

Visitor Total