Thursday 5 November 2020

15mm Sci Fi - GZG ESU Heavy Weapons Teams and Command Elements

 This week has been spent painting up odds and ends for various projects.  I used some of my extra unallocated miniatures to finish off my ESU/Communist forces and their heavy weapons teams.


GZG ESU Heavy Weapons Teams, Generic Command, Skelebots & Assault Troops

Every Communist army needs leadership.  

GZG Generic Command & Technicians

I had these grunts from GZG's Assault team lying around.  I figured red would be good for either special Communist troops or Corporate forces.

GZG Assault Team

These dozen robotic units are something I just had lying around.  I think I might put a white star on the chest of each.  Communist Cyborgs need stars.  I have since fixed up the sloppy weapon paint job on some of them.  

GZG Skelebots

GZG ESU Heavy Weapons Teams

GZG ESU Heavy Weapons Teams



I still have some odds and ends for the ESU, but only about 12 more figures, and nothing especially noteworthy.  

6 comments:

  1. The GZG's Assault team get allot of use....I have them in at least four units!
    Nice job on the weapons and command as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grunts are not my favourite actually. But they serve the purpose of fillers enough. The generic command and techs get a lot of use.

      Delete
  2. Nice work Dan,
    How do the assault units compare the newer type of gzg minis?

    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Assault Team is chunkier and a bit shorter overall. They have a "well-nourished" appearance. With only two sculpts large units of them look clone-like. They work well mixed with Colonial Militia or Mercenaries or Colonial Police.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the info Dan.
    They're the older type of Gzg sculpts but I like them because they have P90's & obviously great for SG1 type teams.Never got round to getting them.. now that I've seen them painted.....

    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NP. Actually I have another two sets to do up for Zone Alpha teams. They are easy and quick to paint. The models are not bad actually. Just two more poses would be nice.

      Delete

Visitor Total