Saturday 21 November 2020

15mm Sci Fi - GZG Colonist Packs A, B, C & Technicians

 This week I finished off three new packs of GZG's Colonist Packs, A, B, C & D (Colonists and Technicians).  These took a bit longer than normal since each one was basically a unique color scheme.  Four of the technicians were used for military purposes in other armies, so I only had 28 to actually paint.  Games like Tomorrow's War or Alien Squad Leader feature civilians, so it is nice to have some ready to go.

These were somewhat relaxing to paint for a change.  They allowed me to explore colors that I would not normally use in my regular martial painting schemes.









A productive few days for sure.  I still have 24 Armed Colonists to paint and 16 Ravagers.  





6 comments:

  1. Good Job Dan
    I like them.
    Thanks for sharing
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work! Do you use a wash to get those details?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a combination of thinned polyshades minwax tudor and my own mix of Reaper Walnut Brown (describes in my last post). Skin is also washed with Army Painter Flesh Wash.

      Delete
    2. Plus I do a lot of highlighting manually both pre and post wash.

      Delete
  3. Just for info I use the same system but I never used miniwax.
    My fav is WN peat brown ink plus my own mixes.
    Gw Gulliman flesh is great also.

    Z

    ReplyDelete

Visitor Total