Friday 16 October 2020

15mm Sci Fi - Tomorrows War US Army Armored Vehicles

 Previously I featured my US Army Light Infantry Platoon for Tomorrows War.  That formation typically has little armor support, being air transportable and not designed for high intensive conflicts.  When those missions come calling more firepower is needed.

The vehicles below were airbrushed in a basic NATO green scheme.  Nothing fancy.  Having large flat areas allowed me to do some of my usual color modulation tricks to make them pop a little more.  The Antonitis APCs have less flat areas so the modulation is not as great as on other vehicles.

I did the vehicles at different times, using different paints for the APCs vs the tanks.  This is not my typical approach.  The fact was that I did not have all the vehicles in my inventory at the same time.  Oh well.

  1. Tamiya NATO Black as a primer (Khurasan tanks received a Vallejo Russian Green Primer instead).
  2. Tamiya Black Green in recessed areas.
  3. Vallejo/Tamiya NATO Green on all upper areas.
  4. Vallejo Camo Green, Light Camo Green applied on panel centers (the 3 Khurasan tanks only).  On all other vehicles I only used Tamiya Cockpit Green as a final highlight.
  5. Vallejo Light Green applied as a final highlight on the 3 Khurasan tanks.

Tomorrows War US Armor

US forces are equipped with all types of vehicles, from expensive grav tanks to more traditional track and wheeled vehicles.  Personally I find the latter slightly more believable in most settings (although I have both in my vehicle pool).

Perkins Superheavy and Patton MBTs lead the charge.  Models by Khurasan


Karbardin V IFVs and an older M5 Cobra MBT (early plasma gun armament).  Models by Antonitis Workshop and Darkest Star


Karbardin Command IFV with M4 Python MBT (Railgun main arament).  Models by Antonitis Workshop and Darkest Star


Recon Elements and Scorpion Mobile Gun System for fire support.  Models by Antonitis Workshop and Darkest Star







The vehicles turned out rather well.  I did experience problems with the Khurasan models however.  They required some rather extensive clean up and they have mold lines in areas which I would consider a major flaw in overall design.  Sadly the Antonitis Workshop vehicles are long out of production.  They are now collectors items for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work as always, yeah it's a shame you can't get Antonitis Workshop stuff any longer as they were great designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 28mm stuff is still available. But I cannot imagine ever doing that scale again

      Delete
  2. Another great line up.
    I have some of those. I agree antenocities have very nice casting, most probably since they do all the work in house & that helps a lot.

    Keep it up
    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They needed zero clean up. Perfect models. Khurasan resin stuff is always in rough shape. Lots of cutting and filing work. Too
      much effort for me these days. Darkest Star stuff is nice too. Expensive though. GZG and Old Crow are better value for the money IMO.

      Delete

Visitor Total