Tuesday 13 October 2020

15mm Sci Fi - Thanksgiving Miniature Feast, GZG Mercenaries, Colonial Militia and 4Ground Buildings

Due to my wife working again this weekend I had some time for another two day miniature painting  marathon.  In the queue were 70 GZG bareheaded Mercenaries and several packs of the new GZG Colonial Militia (with some special weapons thrown in courtesy of Jon at GZG).  I have been meaning to do an irregular force for Tomorrows War for years and I figured it was now or never.


The scheme I choose was the same as my regular Mercenary force.  I wanted to be able to blend them in if necessary.  In total, 70 figures.  The Colonial Militia reminds me of German Afrika Korps, which suited me just fine.  Also thrown in were the character models from the GZG Assault Team pack.


A few heads were swapped out for gas masks.  Can you find them?

The figures were all completed on Saturday.  Sunday saw another marathon: MDF building assembly.  I already have six 4Ground buildings that I assembled a ways back.  However, I had another six sitting in queue.  Each takes me around 60 minutes to complete.  Needless to say I was NOT looking forward to this project.  I hate assembling MDF kits.

Some of the MDF parts are fiddly.  However coming pre-painted is a bonus since I am truly lazy.



The bareheaded model skin and hair were painted in various GW Contrast colors.






 Well, that wraps up another two projects.  I still have a ways to go however from clearing my mini inventory.  

2 comments:

  1. I also use these 4Ground buildings, they work great for me. Fantastic mix of miniatures you have there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skully. They are nice, if a bit expensive. Assembly was a pain. Took roughly 13 hours for all 12 buildings. Old Crow Apartments and GZG buildings are also nice on the table. Minis turned out ok. It is so easy to go overboard on the army painter varnish, even with a brush. You actually need very little on a 15mm model to create the shading effect. Slopping it on like they show on videos is a bad idea.

      Delete

Visitor Total