Monday 5 October 2020

15mm Sci Fi - GZG Mercenaries infantry complete


Sunday was a busy day for me.  I was determined to complete my GZG Mercenary force no matter what.  I started at 0730 hours and stopped at 1830.   Keep in mind that I was working to a previously completed paint scheme, so I had a recipe to follow which made things a lot easier.


GZG Mercenaries


When working with Army Painter Dips or Minwax I cheat with the drying time.  Rather than wait for the products to cure via air drying I cure them in my oven, baking them 170 degrees for one hour (leaving the door partially open).  This allows me to finish projects which would normally take several days due to the varnish cure time.


For basing I use the same method for everything: sand, painted with Tamiya Flat Earth, drybrushed with Reaper Yellowed Bone and flocked with Woodland Scenics Earth Blend, Green Blend and Weeds.  

GZG Mercenaries and GZG 2mm Mechs

The mechs are a little short.  I put them on bases to give them extra height.  In hindsight I regret this.  I will likely use a hairdryer to loosen the superglue bonds and remove the washer at a later date.

This brings my GZG Mercenary force to an even 100 men and robots.  Vehicles are next.


2 comments:

  1. Do you have an army of enslaved dwarves in your cellar that does all the painting for you???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly they died from neglect so I am forced to paint small objects myself. My coffee maker is having a hard time keeping up with the demand needed for such a pace.

      I actually painted two vehicles last night but was not happy with them and tossed them into the strip tank. Tonights plan is to bang off my 40 bareheaded mercs.

      Delete

Visitor Total