Sunday 18 October 2020

15mm Sci Fi - GZG Tomorrows War Brazilians

The DRPG was my third force that I ever painted in 15mm, almost 10 years ago.  Initially there were only models for the regular DPRG army, with light body armor only.  The People's Republican Guard, the elite of the DRPG army (with hard armor) had no equivalent figures.  Folks of course used whatever they wanted, with GZG NI Infantry being a popular choice (I did the same at the time).

However that gap was filled once GZG released the Brazilians for the Tomorrows War line.  Using these figures for the PRG seemed a logical choice since Brazil was a major arms supplier for that power.  The figures themselves are a little different, with a cyclops helmet vs the more traditional visor.  To me it is quite interesting and sets them apart from their foes.

I went with a very light green; much lighter than I have ever used before, with a wash I had never used before.  I was truly in unfamiliar territory (I did not even do a prototype....I always do a prototype).  

GZG Brazilians for Tomorrows War
  • Tamiya Flat White undercoat
  • 71.009 Duck Egg Green basecoat
  • Reaper Afterburn Grey for the weapons
  • Backpacks were washed in GW Thrakia Green Wash
  • Eye was given a dot of Tamiya Clear Red.
  • Armor parts washed in Army Painter Military Shader
  • Armor was then highlighted in Reaper Pale Olive
  • Backpack were highlighted in Vallejo German Light Green Camo
  • Weapons highlighted in a light grey.
Vallejo has a pattern of changing their paint names now and then.  It is pissing me off to no end.  The number is now far more important than the actual name of the color.


I only painted up enough models for a single platoon.  Normally I do a lot more but for whatever reason I had some restraint this time.  The official TOE requires the purchase of multiple packs of RPG gunners.  This I did not do.  

"Shoot that way fool!"

Prone gunners are used as GPGM weapons teams (combined with another rifleman).  It passable and works (normally I don't bother painting prone models).


I had an old rocket launcher lying around so they have a little extra punch.



Pew!  Pew!

My wife likes the color scheme.  I am on the fence.  They pop on the tabletop for sure and look very tropical.  Whether they stay in service or are replaced with a new scheme remains to be seen.  


2 comments:

  1. I think the scheme looks great! Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick. Usually I do a prototype(s) and figure out what I want beforehand. They turned out good, just not what I had in my mind.

      My wife says I overthink this stuff.....

      Delete

Visitor Total