Wednesday 7 October 2020

15mm Sci Fi - Mercenary and DPRG Heavy Weapon Teams done...what now?

Last night I was rummaging through my 15mm bits box. Sometimes just thumbing through stuff will spark an idea for something I have not done yet. As usual I was not dissapointed: two old GZG plasma guns and 4 unused generic helmeted weapon crews (the same ones I used for my GZG Mercenaries). Plus as a bonus 6 generic weapon crews with berets. The original plan for these dudes (when I got them anyway) was to build heavy weapon teams for my DPRG troops. That range has no crewed weapons and I felt that the models with berets would look ok beside the helmeted infantry.

The old plasma guns are nothing to write home about in design.  However my Mercs needed something to represent GPMGs or medium plasma guns so these were better than nothing and 4 crewmen is just enough to make two teams.




My DPRG would be rewarded with a heavy machinegun/autocannon and an automatic grenade launcher.  All four were done in the same scheme as the mercs, with the only difference being the berets were painted in Vallejo German Uniform (to match the body armor of the DPRG). 



The question is, "What to do now?" 

I have so many model ranges to paint that choosing the next project is becoming difficult.  I try not to duplicate color schemes between model ranges, so coming up with new and unique paint schemes is a bit of a struggle for me.  I can copy/mimic almost anything I see, but coming up with original schemes is not something that comes natural to me.

The following are in my queue waiting for paint.  

  • GZG UNSC Hardsuit Marines (50+)
  • GZG ESU Naval Infantry (40+)
  • GZG FSE helmeted Infantry (40+)
  • GZG NI Heavy Infantry (60+)
  • GZG Mercenaries, bareheaded (50)
  • GZG Civilians (32 models)
  • GZG Armed Civilians (24 models)
  • GZG Assault Team (16 models)
  • GZG Colonial Militia (24 troops)
  • GZG Alien Mercs (30+ troops)
  • GZG Crusties (32)
  • GZG Ravagers and Armed Space Crew (24 models)
  • Khurasan Soriogs (30+)
  • Alternative Armies (dozens of individual aliens and small monsters)
  • almost 50 vehicles from GZG, Khurasan and Old Crow
This year I have painted large forces from the following ranges:
  • GZG Mercenaries
  • GZG Xar
  • GZG Crusties
  • GZG Cal-Tex
  • GZG Kra'Vak
  • GZG UNSC Light Infantry
  • GZG Armored SWAT
  • GZG Tomorrows War Brazilians
  • GZG Tomorrows War US Marines
  • Laserburn Imperial Troops
  • Alternative Armies Alien Greys
  • Brigade Models Polish infantry
  • Khurasan Xenomorphs
  • Khurasan Lhurrg
  • too many robots of various types to count
Needless to say I am suffering from a bit of burnout.  Projects are a lot easier when I have a painting plan to work from.  However, at the moment I am a bit lost, at least when it comes to the human models.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Total