Wednesday 1 December 2021

Picking Away at the Pile

 This year has been a very productive one, painting wise.  Right now I stand at 864 models painted (15/28mm, monsters, vehicles, everything).  2020 was more productive, at over 1500+ models painted from May until December.  Clearly I am feeling burnout.

Old Crow 15mm Vehicles

The good news is that I am slowly picking away at my pile of Old Crow vehicles.  I managed to paint 14 over the last three days, bringing the total down to 22 from the initial 36 that I had last week.  

Although I paint quite a bit, I really (REALLY) struggle to come up with paint schemes.  I am forever looking for the "perfect" scheme for this or that figure/vehicle.  This leads to an affliction that I call "Painting Paralysis" (nothing gets done).  

Vehicles in particular are an issue.  I will select a scheme to paint, then change my mind at the last minute.  My Old Crow models have sat for this very reason.  Being sort of OOP, selecting the "right' camo pattern is crucial (to my ODC mind).  

The hover vehicles were selected for my Control Battalion.  As such, the original plan was for either a monochrome blue or an urban pattern (blue/black/deck tan).   Normally, when painting camo I prefer to use a soft style vs hard masking.  This is mainly to due me being a lazy painter.  However, I do have removable stencils both "Digital" and "Shattered" camo patterns that I could use if I felt so inclined.  T

Khurasan Control Battalion

Here are two examples of a monochrome blue-grey that I did years ago.  By using the Panel Highlighting Technique.  It worked ok, especially with weathering powders and decals.



My next project needs to be my hover force.  The CB is getting antsy.  Their vehicles have been in the paint shop for over a year now.  With games being planned for the Christmas Holidays I need to get cracking.....or face the firing squad.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Total