Thursday 9 December 2021

15mm Sci Fi - Old Crow Vehicles in German Red Oxide Camo Part 2

This week has seen another milestone of me: almost the complete reduction of my Old Crow vehicle WIP pile.  This is a huge weight off my mind.  

I was debating on what to paint the last third of these vehicles.  Originally they were going to be a 4-tone PLA scheme.  However, I decided to expand my Red Oxide vehicle pool instead.  So, yesterday I banged off another 8 vehicles in the same scheme.  This brings the pool to 22 vehicles painted up.  Another 4 vehicles will be joining my American forces in a green scheme.

Small Soldiers - Fight! Win! : 15mm Sci Fi - Tomorrows War US Army Armored Vehicles (darebearsminiemporium.blogspot.com)

15mm Old Crow Vehicles

The scheme is the same as last time (that is the point).  


Extra turrets are also abundant but not shown.


Monochrome schemes can be a little dull.  I make heavy use of Panel Highlighting in these cases.  Its not a realistic lighting scheme, but it works well at small scales.  Also liberal use of stowage is also a must for me.  This breaks up the model and provides interest.

Sabre MBTs and the Lancer Heavy APC

I had extra Reactive Armor blocks lying around, so I upgraded all the Claymore Heavy APCs with this defensive system.  


The Lancers will also be getting an upgrade with a different defensive system at a later date.  Thank the gods for my huge stash of bits.


I still have to paint the drive for the Mule transport (or perhaps its a Tesla?)


Top Stowage is of course removable.

Well that almost completes this vehicle pool.  I have two Old Crow vehicles left to complete in this scheme which will be a December Surprise!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Total