Friday 23 July 2021

15mm - Khurasan Zombies

 These last two weeks have been very productive: 161 15mm scale model painted.  Re-diving into 15mm Sci Fi has energized me for whatever reason.  It also forced me to start painting up my large box of Khurasan figures that I have had for 8 months.  

The Khurasan Zombies are fantastic figures: big and full of detail, with 7 poses total.  Clothing is mostly absent from them, which is a good thing IMO.

Khurasan Miniatures Zombies



I consider painting zombies relaxing.  The paint schemes are very simple:

  1. Prime Vallejo Ivory
  2. Base coat in Vallejo Game Air Dead Flesh
  3. Open wounds are given a base coat of GW Contrast Blood Angels Red, thinned with Contrast Medium
  4. Wash in GM Athonian Camoshade
  5. Once dry, begin washing with various washes
    • Army Painter Red Tone
    • Thinned GW Contrast Blood Angels Red (to a glaze consistency)
    • GW Drucchi Purple
    • GW Fleshtone
    • GW Sepia
    • Army Painter Purple Tone
    • Once all is done, I highlight some skin areas in Vallejo Game Color Dead Flesh.
There is no "correct" way to do this.  I simply start in one area and dab on a bit of this an that.  I dont wash the whole model in the same color.  I also do not wait for washes to dry.  I let them mix, changing colors as they will.  Once the model is dry I may go back and add some details here and there, like extra washes, bones, ect.  










These are great models for a number of games: Alien Squad Leader (Thralls or Beasts), Tomorrow's War, Gruntz, Zone Alpha.  Every Sci Fi game needs zombies.

Anyway, they were fun little models to paint, as was the Khurasan Apocalypse 666 range (which will be up on here next).


























2 comments:

  1. I love them! That's how zombies should look like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skully. Painting zombies is probably my favorite monster project. Any basecoat (yellowish green) and washes are all you really need.

      Delete

Visitor Total