Monday 22 February 2016

15mm Sci Fi Aircraft - Matchbox Skybusters Stealth Launch

Sometimes the best models are not models at all.  Although I have some flying units in various 15mm Sci Fi armies, until recently I had no fixed wing aircraft.  However that changed when I found these: Matchbox Skybusters Stealth Launch jets.  They reminded me of the Gi-Joe Conquest Jets and the Russian Su-35.  These come in many color schemes but I liked this one the best.  The only modification I did was to remove the wheels.  I then mounted them on flight bases.  That is basically it.  They make good additions IMO to any Sci Fi Force.  They are cheap too, $5.00 USD. 



Matchbox Skybusters Stealth Launch Jets

Remove the wheels.  Missiles can be painted as well.

Mount on a flight stand.

Bomb your foes!

2 comments:

  1. Those kick butt! VERY NICE find! I'll have to go scrounge up some of those for a game idea that's been kicking around the back of my head for a while. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NP Ray. They are a nice addition for sure. They could be used in 6mm, 10mm or even 28mm as a drone (with the cockpit painted black.

      Good luck with your idea.

      Delete

Visitor Total