Wednesday 7 April 2021

Citadel Miniatures - Warhammer Realms of Chaos Minotaurs

Minotaurs have always been one of my favorite fantasy monsters.  My first memory of one comes from the D&D Module B2 - Keep on the Borderlands.  The man-eating monster with a giant spear, with whom you could possibly bargain with captured my imagination right away.  Needless to say, I love painting minotaurs.


Citadel Miniatures Minotaurs

These chaps are from Citadel Miniatures, back from the late 80s, early 90s.  Strangely enough, in those days Minotaurs were supposed to be based on 25mm bases.  They work much better on 40mm.  

"Who needs a weapon...my head works well enough."

Anger Issues
These guys were a blast to paint.  They basically have the same scheme: Reaper Master Series Olive Skin Triad and dark brown fur.  


Angry boy was a simple conversion.  He was unarmed so I took a poor hapless Empire State Trooper and....well, you get the idea; I would have preferred to use a High Elf.  

There are of course many more where these came from, mainly from the mid and late 1990s.  They are camera shy though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Total