Sunday 12 July 2020

15mm Sci Fi - Alternative Armies Laserburn Demonic Warriors

Alternative Armies never fails to provide me with interesting things to paint.  Behold: Demonic Warriors, from the 15mm Laserburn range.  When I saw these guys I knew I needed to paint them.  They are big, furry and look both playful and mean. 

The color patterns for these guys needed to be vibrant - fitting for their whimsical feel.  So I used a method that is especially fast and effective: inking.  To start off with I gave each model a coat of Tamiya Flat White.  I then used a series of Games Work Shop washes to create the color patterns.  Washes were sometimes applied over each other and blended to create different effects.  Each model took perhaps 15 minutes to paint from start to finish.

Alternative Armies 15mm Laserburn Demonic Warriors

The big four legged furball was especially fun to paint.  He looks like he is dancing just before he makes a meal of you.


The green demon did not come with bad breath.  I added that myself by drilling a small hole in the rather large smiling mouth, adding a small paperclip and some cotten that I sprayed in a flame pattern.  His nose is quite large so I imagine he sneezes a lot with dangerous results.


The fat demon on the left reminds me of an old demonic monster from 1st edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.

Size comparison.  The demons are larger than man sized and well nourished.  I always base models singly; in games which use group basing, such as Alien Squad Leader, I use white tac to attach them to the base.



Again, Alternative Armies has a fantastic model range with a definite old school feel.  These can be used in Alien Squad Leader as either Beasts or Winged Flyers, or for smaller sci fi skirmish games.


2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    the demons look real nice. I will try to get some for my 20mm 40K stuff. They seems to be the right " badies " for me.
    Thank you for showing them.

    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking. The Laserburn imperial troops are proto space marines, made by Brian Ansel before 40k existed.

      Delete

Visitor Total