Wednesday 24 November 2021

15mm Sci Fi Display Cases

Several months ago I decided to modify the five wall mounted display cases I purchased off Amazon to display my 15mm Sci Fi collection.  They each came with four shelves, which for me was simply not enough.  I have far too much to display for such a paltry amount of square footage.   

So, after a trip to Home Depot I added another 4 shelves to each display case, care of MDF molding and some black spray paint.  This doubled the amount of space and allowed me to get all my infantry out of foam cases and into the light of day.

I originally paid $99 each for these cases. I don’t know what they are now.

The unit could be found here: HOMCOM 5-Storey Wall Shelf Display Cabinet, Shot Glass Display Case with 2 Glass Doors and 4 Adjustable Shelves, Black : Amazon.ca: Home

Closeups follow these.











Closeups below.






























These hold most of my 15mm collection.   Only my GZG NSL and Robots are still in foam cases.  Not for long though.  I  have plans.  :-)

Next up is my 28mm Fantasy cases........

7 comments:

  1. That is so freaking awesome! I have visited your site many times over the last year, and seen all the stuff you have done, but to see it all collected like that is just awe inspiring. Great to see those magnificent items on display, too many of us hide our stuff away in boxes, these deserve to be seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Menelduir. It was a running joke here for 10+ years that I would paint stuff and then pack them away in foam boxes, never to be seen again. It was depressing and I needed a solution. Thankfully I have tons of wall space and a great wife.

      Delete
  2. All I can say is , very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Don. I am near the end of my miniature journey now. When combined with my 3000+ figure 28mm fantasy stuff I have accomplished all I set out to do. Soon I shall rest.

      Delete
    2. I wonder how many painters have said that.. and then thought "oh just a few more" 😄🤔

      Delete
    3. Yeah. I just ordered more from Alternative Armies. The last batch.....:-)

      Delete

Visitor Total