Friday 18 September 2020

15mm Sci Fi - GZG Mercenaries

 Finally got around to finishing some WIP GZG products this week, specifically several packs of Mercenaries from Ground Zero Games.  There are several versions available: bare headed and various types of helmets.  Of course I have them all!

I figured these guys would be perfect for a light infantry force made up of local troops, or lightly armed mercenaries/bandits.  They have very little in the way of gear, a few have backpacks but most have just small pouches, which aids in painting.

GZG 15mm Mercenaries
The color scheme for this force is very simple (I did them all in a few hours)
  • Basecoat: Tamiya Buff.
  • Weapons: Vallejo Sea Grey
  • Visors: Vallejo Chrome, washed with Tamiya Clear Blue (thinned with alcohol)
  • Boots: GW Contrast Black Templar
  • Touchups: Vallejo Desert Sand
  • Skin: anything you want
  • Minwax Polyshades Tudor wash
Post Wash:
  • Post shade highlights of Vallejo Sand Yellow and Vallejo Sand Ivory.  
  • Backpacks: GW Contrast Snakebite Leather (yes I did these after the minwax)
  • Skin: GW Contrast Skin tones (again, yes, after the minwax)
  • Weapons: Tamiya Grey Weathering Pigments
  • Visor: GW Drakenhof Nightshade Blue with a highlight of MIG Blue Titanium




I had a few GZG Command models kicking around, so I did them up as the HQ unit.  I will be adding 32 more troops plus various GZG 2mm Mechs for robotic troops (check them out, they are great in 15mm) as well as heavy weapon teams from their generic line.

Overall I am please with these models.  The weapons are large and have many varieties to choose from.  The helmets are large, without major mold lines and highlight nicely.  They work great as any generic light force for 15mm.


6 comments:

  1. Nice work my friend..
    Can you please tell me the pack no of the GZG command , especially the centre officer, I can't locate him!!!

    btw .. here's what I had done with mine
    https://castrarunis.blogspot.com/2017/08/gzg-15mm-mercs-scrathbuilt-hover.html

    You should look through my blog to see what I did with the GZG 6mm robots for 15/18mm.

    Thanks for sharing
    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done! I like the camo and have those same bareheaded mercs on my table to paint. The command is from their generic line, under the 15mm Stargrunt. I think the pack is G01. It comes with an officer, technician, sergeant and another dude in a chair. I will check out those robots for sure.

      Delete
  2. Thanks mate...
    GZG is ace... both models & service.
    You really should... oh another thing look up what I did with the old GW space marines and DP9 mechs .... Look up also my Pax Brittanica posts and mecha posts .....

    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will likely do them in the same scheme as the helmeted mercenaries. The models are basically identical. That way I can mix and match in in both regular and irregular force games. Plus I am lazy.

      Delete

Visitor Total