Monday 28 September 2020

15mm Sci Fi - Alternative Armies Psychoborgs

 Cyborgs are a staple of Sci-Fi.  Recently I was in the market for some larger models to use as heavy droids for my Alien Squad Leader Mechanoid army.  In the past I have used Tau Gun Drones, GZG and Laserburn models.  However, I wanted something to go with the HOF Giant Mechanoids that I had planned to add to my army.  These guys seemed to fit the bill: big, scary and skeletal looking.


The models were not cheap.  The British Pound to Canadian Dollar is almost 2:1, so these six were almost $40 loonies for me.  Normally I would not shell out that sum for six models but they were what I was looking for and I cannot blame AA for the exchange rate.

GZG Robot, GZG Gun Drone, GZG Spider Droid, GZG Spider Droid (converted), Alternative Armies Imperial Warbot, Alternative Armies Psychoborg

The Psychoborgs are the same size as GZG NAC Battlesuits, GZG Crusty Walker Battlesuits and the Khurasan Corsair Battlesuits.  They are definitely larger robots, on par with scout mecha in 15mm.



The models were airbrushed in my standard metallic format.  I added some color by using Tamiya Clear Reds, Greens, Blues and Yellows to various areas.  Flames are just cotton, airbrushed various oranges.  Eyes were done in my usual way: Reaper Fire, Phoenix Red, Fire Orange and White.  Everything was then washed in thinned Minmax Tudor Polyshades, my go-to for 15mm.

Since my Mechanoid and Cyborg Enslaver armies are metallic I kept the same look.  No need for fancy stuff.



I am quite please with these models.  They were easy to assemble and very little cleanup was required.  The varying weapons are a nice feature, making these guys fit well into large skirmish games.



2 comments:

  1. First time that I like the psycho-borgs, good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not like the black and red myself. Put me off them for awhile actually. I needed something and did not want another "big-tank like robot on treads".

      Delete

Visitor Total