Saturday 5 September 2020

15mm Sci Fi - Alternative Armies Laserburn Imperial Blackguard

 August was a month of few blog posts but a lot of painting.  To be honest, I am a lazy blogger; photographing my collection and projects always takes a back seat to painting.  That being said recording my exploits does help me in the long run since I tend to forget what and how I painted models.  This journal helps keep things straight.

This week I managed to finally bang off my Imperial Blackguard troops, manufactured by Alternative Armies.  In September I need to do a parade photo shoot of my Imperial Assault Group, some 100+ strong, including Power Armor, Dreadnought, vehicular armor and Blackguard support.  

In Laserburn, Blackguard are fielded in small units of 5 men.  Their preferred fighting style is to close with their enemy and fight with fist and force sword.  Their fighting stats are the best in Laserburn, and make Warhammer 40K Space Marines look like chumps.  This week I banged of 15 of them.  Total painting time: 2 hours.



Laserburn Imperial Blackguard

The Blackguard were incredibly easy to paint.  They did have some significant mold line on the helmet which needed cleaning up.  Once ready I decided to go with a classic Blackish armor scheme which complements my red Imperial troops(which I need to photograph since they have all recently been redone)
  • Armor: Tamiya German Grey basecoat, followed by a light drybrush of Reaper Snow Shadow.  
  • Laser Pistols and Skulls: Vallejo Steel 
  • Bolters: Vallejo Black Metal 
  • Pouches: Reaper Driftwood Brown 
  • Sword hilts: Vallejo Gold.  
  • Visors: Tamiya Clear Red
  • Plumes: Vallejo Flat Red (one in yellow, cause why not)
Laserburn Imperial Blackguard

The models were then washed in Army Painter Dark Tone Wash.  Tamiya German Grey and Dark Tone wash create a very nice black armor effect which avoids the stark nature of painting pure black (pure black armor is just not effective visually).  Pouches were highlighted with Vallejo Sand ivory and the visors were given a coat of Vallejo Carmine Red to bring them out more.  

Overall I am pleased with these models.  They are easy to paint and have a suitable look which can be used for either good or bad guy forces.

2 comments:

  1. That brings back some memories..great paint job too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim. These boys were easy to paint. The mold lines were a pain to clean up though.

      Delete

Visitor Total