Saturday 18 September 2021

15mm Sci Fi - Khurasan Miniatures Post Apocalyptic Puritan Power Armor

 This week brought me closer than ever in finishing off my massive Khurasan Miniatures pile that has been sitting around since Christmas.  This is a big deal for me.

My Control Battalion (see my past post) was originally designed for Alien Squad Leader Games, specifically for the Cyborg Enslaver army.  This force uses Command Squads made up of Power Armor troops, who are responsible for protecting the psionic masters who control the army.  The Control Battalion had no such troops, so I decided on a suitable model: the Khurasan Post Apocalyptic Power Armor Puritan Troopers.  These guys are big and fit the role as commanders and enforcers.

Khurasan Miniatures Post Apocalyptic Puritan Power Armor


They are painted in the same scheme as the Control Battalion: Reaper Master Series Coated Armor, airbrushed over a grey primer, followed by a polyshades wash.  To complement this I used some products that I do not normally use often: MIG Enamel Filters and Washes, specifically the Blue for Dark Grey Filter, and the Brown Blue Wash for Panzer Grey  I used both in targeted areas only, to bring out details.  I could have dispensed with the overall Tudor Polyshades wash actually and used these in its place.  Habit I guess.



Filters are an interesting product.  They are designed to tint the underlying base color which they go over.  It is a highly transparent  product, like a wash, but less pigment dense.  Mig has many such Filters all designed for specific applications.  They are expensive.  $7.00 for the Filter and $13 for the washes.




The models themselves are interesting, and have enough poses to maintain my interest.  They are not high tech designs, which fit the Control Battalion models perfectly.




When completed I did a dry brush of Vallejo Model Color Light Sea Grey and Tamiya Light Sand Weathering Pigment.  The weapons were done in Vallejo Model Air Black Steel, followed by Tamiya Light Gun Metal Weathering Pigment.  The decals were the last stage.  They are super small....very similar to watchmaking I think.

I did not add any white reflective dots on these figures.  Not sure if I will continue that practice in the future.  I may add them in the very near future to thread guys just to provide coherency beside the Control Battalion figures.  


Their new home.






With 15 of these chaps I have enough for three command squads for ASQL.  That is certainly enough for games of Tomorrow's War and Stargrunt 2, where power armor units are small size ass-kickers.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Total