Sunday 8 January 2017

GZG Kra'Vak Vehicles Redoux

For most of my sci-fi vehicles and figures I use Minwax Polyshades Tudor for most of my washes and shading.  However, for many months now I have not used that product (for a number of reasons). Yesterday I decided to play with it again, this time with my Kra-Vak vehicles.

When I initially did the GZG Kra'Vak vehicles I simply airbrushed them with various Tamiya greys to achieve a color modulation effect.   While nice they lacked enough depth and shadows for my taste.
Before
So, on went the minwax.  It provided (at least in my mind) enough shading where no existed before and did not radically change the base color (unlike a regular paint or ink was would). The effect is subtle and hard to really see since it is basically 50 Shades of Grey.

After

Before
Before
Before
After

After

After

After

 Now, they just need some humans to hunt.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice stuff there! I have six of each myself and still haven't decided how I want to paint them! I'm kind of leaning towards the idea of clan colors, the other possibility is if they see like Predators in the film only in infrared what camouflage scheme would work for them but, would stick out like a sore thumb to us....in my thinking would be rather fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six? I am jealous. Good idea you have going these. Honestly you could paint them just about any color and they would look fabulous. I have seen many examples on line and I liked them all. Purple is a nice alien color.

      Delete

Visitor Total