Saturday 29 May 2021

Warhammer Fantasy - Dark Elf Army of Naggaroth

Two months ago I managed to obtain the entire collection of my friend and who was my main Warhammer Fantasy Battle opponent.  His collection was extensive: Dark Elves, Ogres and Chaos Mortals (Nurgle, with a side dish of Slaanesh and Tzeentch).  Sadly he no longer plays (although I am sure I can persuade him to come by eventually), but at the very least I can provide a good home to armies which I loved facing all those years ago.  This post will feature his Dark Elves, an army which I found both enjoyable and tough to play against due to their willy nature.

The army was massive, and over the last two months I have added to its bulk with over 100 additional models.  Chris did all the heavy lifting though and my contribution is small compared to what he had accomplished himself.  He is a fabulous painter....I need to do some closeups of the various units to really do them justice.  

Eventually I will feature each unit type in a separate post.  My friend was excellent at model conversions.  He always did something to make a unit unique or add some pizzazz to a character. 


The forces include:
  • 1 Hero on a Black Dragon
  • 1 Hero on a Manticore
  • 1 Supreme Sorceress on a Dark Pegasus
  • 1 Hero on a Dark Pegasus
  • 1 Cauldron of Blood
  • 9 Characters on mounts of various types
  • 8 Characters on foot of various types
  • 85 Spearmen 
  • 60 Repeater Crossbowmen
  • 20 Black Ark Corsairs
  • 23 Witch Elves
  • 30 Black Guard
  • 33 Executioners
  • 10 Shades
  • 20 Harpies (10 from the 90s, 10 are converted from various model parts)
  • 10 Dark Riders
  • 10 Cold One Knights
  • 4 Larger Cold One Knights (I count them as 4 models each)
  • 3 Cold One Chariots
  • 2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
  • 2 War Hydras
  • Several unit fillers to increase the size of individual regiments (a clever idea)

Hero on a Dark Pegasus

Hero on a Black Dragon

Characters on Foot































I am very proud to display this awesome force alongside my own troops.  Hopefully they will see a table this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Total