Friday 11 December 2020

15mm Sci Fi - Alternative Armies Large Sadistic Demon Winged Noble Warrior

I have said it many times, when you need something truly bizarre look no further than Alternative Armies.  The Large Sadistic Demon range was originally released back in the 1980s, as 25mm miniatures.  The figures still hold up well today.  These three, Winged Noble Warriors, arrived by accident earlier this year.  Well, I finally made time to paint them up, along with the other demons this week.  

Initially I was going to use the range as part of my Khurasan Xenomorph army.  However, they are so full of life and detail what it would have been a crime to paint them in a dark blue grey like my other xenos.  What to do?  

The answer came to me while I was painting my GZG Ixx (Vallax in my universe) aliens.  The large curved flat areas cried out to me for some kind of insect pattern.   So, they are now officially part of the Vallax Domination, along with their cohorts (and soon to be added reinforcements).

Alternative Armies Large Sadistic Demon Winged Noble

These are tall models.  Easily the equal of a Tau Battlesuit.  Armed with claws, tail and some kind of bio-cannon they are usable as demonic entities, or some kind of bio-mech.

The color scheme is the same as the Ixx.  I will not repeat it here.  GW Contrast paints worked surprising well on these fellows.  

Only their mother could tell them apart.....



The Demonic Dance Team from Dimension X



Shows over.  Time to go home.

I had no plans to paint these guys any time soon, mostly because I did not have an idea on what to do with them.  However, my wife was crafting in my work space and I had nothing to do so I started working on them and within an hour they were completed.  Once the paint started going on they really grew on me and the ideas for sinister plans began to brew in my mind.

In any case, these guys will work well in Alien Squad Leader as either Bio-Mecha for my Vallax Alien Enslaver Army or as Close Flyers for the same force.   Games of USEME, the 15mm rule set from Alternative Armies will likely see these on future battlefields as well.  

All in all, another fine example of an Alternative Armies product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Total