Thursday 29 July 2021

15mm Sci Fi - GZG Mercenaries (ESU Special Operations Recon Team in Urban Camo)

 These guys are part 2 of my GZG Christmas Mercenary packs.  Yay!  

Having no real use for these figures (already having over 200 GZG mercs of various types already painted), I did these guys up in an urban camo scheme.  They will work for Zone Alpha games, or any other small unit set as a special operations team.  


The scheme was a variant of my Taiga scheme.  At 15mm, camo (IMO), needs to be bold and cartoonish (same as highlighting as well).  Otherwise, from a distance it will simply look like a blob of color and be relatively indistinguishable.  
  • Primed Grey
  • Tamiya Light Blue basecoat.  This is a nice color for urban schemes.
  • Vallejo Model Air Anthracite Grey
  • Vallejo Model Color White Grey
  • Vallejo German Camo Beige on sleeping bags
  • Vallejo Sea Grey on all weapons and webbing.
  • Vallejo Model Color Black on the berets and boots.
  • Vallejo Basic Skin Tone on, well the skin.
  • Washed in thinned Polyshades Tudor.
  • Uniform highlighted with Vallejo Model Color Light Sea Grey.
  • Sleeping bags highlighted with Vallejo Model Color Deck Tan.
  • Weapons washed in Nuln Oil.
  • Skin washed with GW Contrast Guiliman Flesh (thinned to a glaze consistency with Contrast medium)
  • Webbing highlighted with Vallejo Model Color Light Grey and Model Air Grey.

ESU forces clear out a partisan holdout, securing stolen nuclear munitions.


Bio-weapons are the preferred tools of the Capitalist Partisans.  

Vigilance!

RPK-80 gunners stand ready.

"Onwards Comrades!"

This completes my mini Zone Alpha Project.  I really did not need these guys, but I enjoy painting small camo units, and honestly, even after thousands of them, I never get tired of painting GZG figures.

4 comments:

  1. Hey I am from Keswick, up on the south shore of lake Simcoe. What rules are you using for 15mm sci fi? I am looking for potential gamers in the area (GTA) in various scales and periods. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve. I use Tomorrows War, Gruntz, Alien Squad Leader, Fireteam Andromeda, USEME, Clash on the Fringe and Laserburn. Probably others too. Feel free to text me at 9054101762.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic job on these soldiers. The colours are just great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skully. Tamiya Light Blue is a great urban color, as is Vallejo Model Color Pale Blue.
      Paint my NAC for me!

      Delete

Visitor Total