Monday 26 October 2020

15mm Sci Fi - GZG ESU Black Bear Power Armor

 This past weekend I attempted to complete two projects simultaneously (GZG ESU and finishing off my GZG NI troops).  That did not work out so well.  I did manage to paint up my whole ESU Naval Infantry Platoon, however I was not happy with the paint scheme so they were dropped into my strip tank for a redux.  One thing at a time I guess.  

However, did manage to complete the power armor section of the platoon: the Black Bear Powered Assault Armor.   

GZG ESU Black Bear Power Armor

The scheme was simple: a Russian Taiga scheme that I saw years ago somewhere (two shades of green with grey and white dots, in groups of 3).  I did not use white, going with a single dot in an off white grey.  
  • Vallejo Grey Primer (matte)
  • Vallejo 71.126 IDF/IAF Green Basecoat, airbrushed
  • Vallejo 71.018 Black Green Camo spots
  • Vallejo 71.249 Sea Grey weapons
  • Vallejo 71.032 Gun Metal for hands
  • Tamiya Clear Red for the laser sight on the left shoulder.
  • Vallejo 71.257 Black for the visor
  • Washed in Minwax Polyshades Tudor
  • Vallejo 71.103 Grey for camo spots, post shade.





The scheme was very easy to complete (just a lot of dots to do really).  I am planning on using this same scheme on the ESU fabric uniforms.  This will be interesting since I will be working on a much smaller surface area.  My micro painting skills will be put to the test for sure.


10 comments:

  1. I like them... you must be seeing spots after doing those 😉

    Thanks for sharing
    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe I had to do all the spots twice? The wash darkened them way too much. So I went over each spot carefully and highlighted it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Skully. It was simple really. As long as you have steady hands and a good brush dots are easy peasy.

      Delete
  3. I believe you Dan.... been there done it, heaven knows how many times.😑

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot damn! Beautiful work...now I need these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice models. Big with lots of flat areas for camo work. My favourite GZG power armor so far.

      Delete
  5. My thoughts exactly.
    You can see mine here.

    http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/2020/10/arditi-italo-special-forces.html?m=1

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the camo..simple but very effective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim. I am pleased with the outcome. Wish I could take credit for the original idea, but I cannot.

      Delete

Visitor Total