Sunday 20 September 2020

15mm Sci Fi - GZG Outrim Coalition Mechanized Battle Group

 Another army parade for the blog: my Mechanized Battle Group for the Outrim Coalition.  The painting tutorial for the infantry has already been featured on this blog some time ago.  However, the armor has not yet made an appearance, until today.

GZG Outrim Coalition

The armor was painted in a simple urban camo scheme:
  1. Vallejo Grey Primer
  2. Tamiya Light Blue
  3. Vallejo Anthracite Grey
  4. Vallejo US Light Grey
  5. Metallic bits done in Vallejo Gun Metal
  6. Gloss coated then washed in thinned Minwax Polyshades Tudor.
  7. Weathering with Tamiya Pigments










It is unlikely everything will be fielded in on battle....but you never know.

5 comments:

  1. Good job mate.
    Great camo scheme.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Z. It was down to either this or a version of Grey (specifically Tamiya JN Grey) for the infantry. I let my wife pick. Years ago I did a similar camo scheme on 40K Imperial Guard armor. This was just a replication, but on a smaller scale.

      Delete
  2. Welcome.
    I had plans to do something similar ( eventually ). I'm always experimenting with colour wheels to see what looks good.
    look here also http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/2014/08/camo-pics.html
    I only got the GZG Orc jet bikes as yet. Haven't done anything with them yet.

    I see you used 2 kinds of PA.
    I used the Japanese ones as such , lovely minis.... Gzg never fails to deliver.
    see here http://castrarunis.blogspot.com/search?q=japanese

    Enjoy
    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen the GOTA clans before (other than on their web site). Nice. I have so many human troops already....
      The Japanese Power armor was painted some time ago just on a whim. I didn't have a plan for them. Just wanted to try an urban camo scheme. I fit them into the Outrim as special forces troopers.
      Interesting camo pics. I need to do a camo scheme for me GZG Mercenaries (the bareheaded ones). Or I might just do a GW Contrast green on them. Not sure yet.
      Thanks for the sharing buddy. Your scratch building skills are superb! Wow.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Dan for the kind words.
    I have many more humans than aliens.
    Still have to paint loads.
    Do go through my blog and ask if you need help.

    I would suggest you do the following - decide on the undercoat colour, then the basecoat is influenced by that ,then think of a nice easy to do camo scheme. Remember camo is almost lost on 15/18mm minis and not worth the hassle to do precisely. Clothes are different from animal skin, in that there are folds & equipment and these disrupt the scheme.
    I did my mercs - spraycan rust brown undercoat, W&n peat brown wash, ivory sponge work , finish brown wash.
    I painted so many minis that nowadays I try to find the quickest way to do things.
    Z

    ReplyDelete

Visitor Total