It has been awhile since I have posted anything on here. However, I have been quite busy. About a month ago I was bitten by the Battletech bug. Over that period I have been furiously painting, stripping and repainting mechs for my forces. I have about 60 mechs to paint up and a slew of vehicles. I also scored about 600 pieces of the Heroscape terrain, along with a purchase of the felt hex mat (6x4). The Heroscape tiles are perfect for Battletech. However, I plan on painting them the same color as the hex max (going to color match the green at Home Depot). The tiles look very toy-like (well they are toys) and a new paint job should solve this problem.
Funny enough, it was never my intention to start down the Battletech road. I had initially bought several (well too many) mechs from Iron Wind Metals for my 15mm sci-fi forces to use as robots/drones. However, once I started to look at the game system I fell in love (and received a large bill as a reward).
Although I have painted a lot in my time, I really struggled with these models. I am used to airbrushing with a modulated finish. These models although are vehicles paint differently (or I thought so). I really struggled, stripping them all at least twice before I settled on a scheme.
In the end, I went with the Vallejo Model Air British Color Modulation kit. It is a bronze green which eventually highlights up to a lighter green. Being bipedal machines you really don't see the modulation much. However, using that process helped me mentally to finish these.
The models are finished except for the unit decals (Robinsons Rangers) and some hazard stripes. I don't have those from the mail yet. My second force is from House Kurita. I am finishing them this week and will post shortly. They were quite an experience as well.
|House Davion Forces|
|Davion Infantry & APC|
|Commando & Assassin|
|Awesome...I love this guy|