Monday 29 June 2020

Warhammer 40K Imperial Guard Steel Legion - Steel Legion Troopers



Well, here they are finally: my Steel Legion troopers themselves.  The force was 300+ strong.  Every conceivable troop combination was possible.  I used almost no washes in this force.  Everything was shaded by hand. 


The old model range was all metal and contained no flamer, melta guns or autocannons.  I had to do a lot of conversions to assemble a force with those weapons.  It was long, arduous and in some cases physically painful (filing and drilling...sometimes drilling myself).




There is little else for me to say here.  Let the pictures speak for themselves.


Warhammer 40K Imperial Guard Steel Legion

Imperial Guardsman

The Steel Legion range had no flamer equipped troops.  I had to improvise and custom build models.


Steel Legion troopers with Flamers

Is it hot in here?
 ...again, the Steel Legion range had no Melta guns.  Custom building was required.
Steel Legion troopers with Melta guns



Steel Legion Officer Corps


Steel Legion Standard Bearer

Steel Legion Heavy Bolter teams

Steel Legion Lascannon teams

Steel Legion Missile Teams

Steel Legion Autocannon teams






Imperial Guard Special Characters



This completes my tribute to my old Regiment.  Hopefully they are winning battles for the Emperor...somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitor Total