Friday 1 September 2023

More Old Crow Vehicles

 I have not done much in these past weeks.  Quite simply I have not been inspired to do anything.  However, I did manage to take some photos of some very old paint jobs that I did years ago for my Old Crow vehicles.  These were some of the first I did, in a Hammers Slammers metallic scheme.  I don't play that system, nor have I read the books, but I liked the idea of a metallic vehicle pool all the same.


Old Crow 15mm Hover Vehicles

These were mostly airbrushed with Vallejo Model Air Chrome and weathered with Tamiya pigments.  Stowage was added to cover mistakes and small casting defects.  I painted these over a period of years, so there is some differences between the vehicles (I am not always consistent in my techniques).  In particular on some of the vehicles I did an overall wash with thinned Polyshades Tudor, resulting in a slightly darker appearance vs the hover tanks.  

Old Crow Slingshot AFV with Missile Launcher turret & Blower Hover Tank

Some of the vehicles had very bad mold lines that I was unable to clean up.  This was very uncharacteristic of Old Crow quality.  


The Blower hover tanks are not to the proper Hammers Slammers scale.  But that is fine with me personally.  I do have two of the large Blower tanks from Brigade Models.  Those will appear in another post.

Support Vehicles

I have a huge decal pool to choose from but none were from the Slammers range.  This is of no matter really since I dont play in that universe.  This vehicle pool is normally assigned to either my GZG Mercenaries or my Laserburn Imperial Troops.  

Old Crow Slingshot AFV

I added GZG turrets you the Gladius vehicles. In hindsight I think I should have installed them forward in place of the hatch. Oh well. 

Old Crow Glaive Hover APCs

This brings my painted Old Crow vehicle pool to 96 models.  

8 comments:

  1. These look great. There is so much inspiration in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you find it useful bud. Now and then I think of doing my kids a favor and just selling everything so they dont have to deal with the stuff when I am dead. :-/

      Delete
    2. Old Cros still the best around, and those very well painted. I understand you very well also, after my best friend passed away two years ago, I've been helping his sister to sell all his stuff. I've also sold most of mine for that reason.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Javier. Indeed. I never get tired of painting them. Leaving a huge amount of stuff behind for others to deal with is something I think about more and more. My play time is limited and there is no possibility of me using all of what I have collected over the years. 15mm Sci Fi is such a niche market that even finding a buyer is a challenge.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. Without decals they were pretty bland.

      Delete

Visitor Total