Saturday 29 May 2021

My Gaming Den

 I have been painting off and on for the last couple of weeks.  Nothing major, some additions to my inherited Dark Elf army mostly.  However, I realized that I have never really described my personal play area or how I display or store miniatures and terrain.  So, here goes.

This is my basic play area, which consists of a 4x4 flocked table, of which I have another close at hand to expand the space to a 4x8 if necessary.  Everything is close at hand.  The brown bench on the right also serves as storage.  



The bench holds most of my 28mm building terrain.  


Two large aluminum KR cases, with store all of my 15mm infantry.  They fit snuggly under the table, out of sight.  Vehicles are stored in five smaller plastic GW figure cases.  They are in the room, stored underneath and beside the glass cabinets.


Terrain is in the basement landing, just outside the door: three plastic storage units from Walmart.


Everything is organized by type.  This drawer holds some of my 15mm buildings.


Another holds Evergreen trees.


Two bookshelves from Walmart hold my much reduced gaming library.


Three glass cabinets from Ikea display much of my 28mm collection.  This one holds 15mm odds and ends plus Chaos Nurgle and Dark Elf armies.


This one holds my Undead, Ral Partha Ogre and Games Workshop Ogre armies.


The third holds my Chaos Khorne and Slaanesh armies, plus monsters and other odds and ends which don't quite fit anywhere else.


The room doubles as the basement family theater.  On the far left wall are three built-in wall storage units which hold my boardgame collection.  


Having a large tabletop gaming collection presents significant storage issues.  Keeping everything safe and accessible is not easy, and quite often, not cheap either.  Spending money on these types of things is never a priority.  However, it  makes a huge difference in the long run and solved a lot of headaches for me.

2 comments:

  1. Great set up and much tidier and organised than mine .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bud. It took years to get to this point...and no small amount of cash.

      Delete

Visitor Total